Friday, July 28, 2017

The great wool purge of 2017 - or my body heat in synthetics

I have been slowing packing away all of my woollen clothing. It's a bit sad, but hopefully I'll be able to sell a few items on TradeMe and gift some others to The Little Madam.

The purge has left my wardrobe almost bare (thanks goodness I'll still be well clothed for summer), leaving me with a pretty minimal winter wardrobe:

  • two skirts (one of which I just bought yesterday)
  • one dress
  • no cardigans
  • a really nice shirt I got at the Tempest closing down sale
  • one coat (warm enough when it's 12 degrees Celsius but useless in the rain)
  • one raincoat that has a thin poly fleece lining
  • one cotton scarf
  • the few cotton/acrylic hats I managed to finish in the last week
  • no arm warmers/handwarmers/wristwarmers
  • only cotton socks
  • 1 polypropylene top

I knew I would need to find another warm layer to supplement my remaining coat (viscose, polyester etc) and raincoat, to survive this weekend's bone-chilling temps. I was resigned to having to buy...sigh...a puffer jacket.

Gawd I hate puffer jackets. Maybe it's slightly unreasonable, since they are at least warm, light and sensitive skin-friendly. I managed to find one at the Kathmandu sale, one thats only thinly padded with down and shaped so that I look like a healthy adult female rather than a cushion on legs. In a pale aqua. It does the job I guess.


No comments: