Friday, October 31, 2014

Spring hat

I started this hat because I wanted a project to take to the Knit World knit-in session a while back. But I only went a couple of times because it wasn't looking promising (four people turned up the first time, three the next).

Then I got bored with making the boy's denim surf top again and decided to finish the hat instead.

It's Kiwiyarns Knits' own Cafe Hat pattern (but I stuffed up the ribbing and used different types of yarns so it's barely recognisable). Hopefully it won't be cold enough again to wear it until next autumn!

I've also posted it on Ravelry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's an original Violet hat. I like it. Thanks for knitting my pattern. :-)

Violet said...

I have a confession to make. I only thought to try out your pattern after I suggested it to my sister in law - who wanted to knit herself a beanie and hadn't knit much before. I liked hers so much I decided to make one too!