Saturday, October 12, 2013

A jolly good spoiling

I had a great birthday today. Initially I was bothered that I'd have to get up early to take my mum to the lab to get her quarterly blood test done, followed by what I was expecting to be a horrific hour at the supermarket (also with my mum). But then I thought "what the heck's wrong with spending a little time on my birthday, with the woman who made it all possible?" After that everything just got better and better.

The boy and TLM spoiled me horribly. Apart from two wrapped presents (a trendy polka-dotted knitting bag with matching needle case, and a set of Taschen fashion books), they also took me shopping at Kirkaldies.

Although TLM did get somewhat bored at that point - but that's probably because (if she is to be believed) she was so excited about my birthday today that she didn't get a wink of sleep last night. And in any case her mood improved considerably after the boy bought her a new game for her Nintendo DS.

So anyway one of the additional presents I got was a pair of leaf-green NYDJ jeans. They were so comfortable! It's all that industrial strength elastic apparently, which keeps your flabby bits in check and supposedly lifts and separates too (maybe not that last bit) - and makes it possible to bend and touch your toes without cutting yourself in half.

Having said that, when I checked out my rear view I really noticed how big my bum  looked (no doubt it's true size and not an optical illusion), which I don't get with my Mavi jeans - so I guess NYDJ jeans don't quite work magic...

I so love the fit of the new jeans that...I now consider elastic waist pants as a viable style option. It's probably not the intended outcome of the jeans designers!



5 comments:

Amanda said...

Excellent re spoiling! I have been toying with the idea of getting some NYDJ jeans. Leaf green seems quite a bold colour choice!

Anonymous said...

I have green jeans (but minty and not elasto). I love them but they get stains on them really easily. Happy birthday and glad it was excellent!

Violet said...

Amanda: I actually wanted the lavender but they didn't have it in my size - plus the boy insisted that the green was good. They're kinda expensive, so I was glad to be able to get capris (which I don't have to shorten) which I can always on-sell if I lose interest in them in the future!

donnasoowho: I will probably only wear them when TLM is not around then - as during lunch yesterday she practically threw her full glass of lemonade at me, covering my jumper, my bag and my magazine with sticky wet stuff...

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had lots of fun. :-) I think green jeans are great! They'll be nice for summer and make what you wear look very summery.

Violet said...

thanks kiwiyarns. I think they'll be summery too. I usually wear a lot of dark colours on my bottom half but don't like how that goes with summer-coloured tops. so green jeans should do it!