Sunday, June 02, 2013

My weekend of exploded sinuses

I thought I was having my third cold in 4 weeks - when it suddenly dawned on my that my latest cold (at least) was in fact terrible hay fever. It's the kind that has me sneezing so hard that I almost hit my head on the floor, and kinda sounds like cannon-fire.

It wasn't helped by the fact that I spent a few hours cleaning the house yesterday and had decided to finally tackle the thick blanket of dust around the boy's workstation. It was blanketed, I tell you!

On the plus side, I went to a sock-knitting workshop in the afternoon, part of the Handmade festival this weekend. I went to learn how to knit socks, but also to meet fellow knitters. It turned out that the women I did speak to weren't quite as knit-obssessed as I, and I even had to help a couple of them with their stitching!

So now I can knit socks (at least,  one miniature sock), which means I can finally use that beautiful sock yarn I bought two years ago...

Choo!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Hayfever is going on and on this. I'm still taking a daily antihistamine.

Violet said...

yeah everyone's got it in my household

Anonymous said...

I never understood hay fever in Welly with all the wind and sea air!and in winter?. But am thankful that I doesn't seem to affect me too much in Vegas. I have used that horseradish and garlic mix with moderate success if you're not keen on back to back anti histamine a altho think all the evidence says they're "woo woo".

Violet said...

donnasoowho: There's different allergens in the air depending on the time of year, but I suspect in my case it could be just house dust mite poo being blown up my nose...

Anonymous said...

Eow dust mite poo. Altho yes I've been reading about those and am going to get my mattress steralised.