Monday, December 03, 2012

My sandal-less feet

I have a wonderful pair of sling-backs which I bought on sale a year ago. They are blue with touches of silver and charcoal, have just enough heel to feel dressy but plenty of support so I can walk home in them after work. These shoes manage to be comfortable, flattering and elegant (in my opinion) at the same time.

They are so flattering that they have fooled me into thinking that I had attractive feet.

But there's nothing like trying on the latest strappy summer sandals to wipe out that rosy fog from the glasses eh?

I tried on four pairs of open-toed sandals - some had thin straps, some had thick straps. Some has a cheesy flower on near the toe, some had a covered heel. They ranged from grey to blood red to black.

All of them gave me hobbit feet. Well, they probably didn't give me hobbit feet - more...revealed them.

My feet aren't hairy - don't get me wrong (apart from a few toe hairs that I will never post a photo of on this blog) - but they are wide and sturdy, like the feet of someone who spends most of their time lugging rice on their shoulders whilst striding barefoot up a Szechuan mountain. Or something.

Anyway, the point is, my feet don't look very nice in sandals and that's why I'll be wearing sneakers this summer...and my sling-backs.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'll be wearing jandalls- they aren't attractive but just so damn comfy that based on past experience, I'll have to fight the urge to wear them to work in January. (At least they aren't crocs)

Anonymous said...

Pedicure?

Violet said...

Amanda - I don't much like jandals, I find it hard to walk very quickly in them and they always give me a blister between my big toe and my next toe.

donnasoowho - a pedicure would help, but it wouldn't make my feet look slimmer or my toes less hammer-like!