Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I think this means that the camera DOES lie

My recent passport photo has been haunting me ever since I first laid eyes on that horrid image. How could I have aged so much since the last one, taken five years ago?
I toyed with the idea that maybe I shouldn't have grown out my fringe after all.
And I should have done it on a day when I washed my hair, for maximum volume.

Then I decided to have 'em done again, only this time I went to the pharmacy where I'd got my photos done five years ago. See, this pharmacy doesn't insist on you putting your hair behind your ears.

And you know what? I think I look just five years older after all.

1 comment:

Antoinette said...

Passport photos are so unforgiving! But they are what they are. And I realized recently I've been obsessively trying to prevent laugh wrinkles this past year, oblivious to the deep thought wrinkles between my eyebrows. They are too far gone to be helped now.