Thursday, October 07, 2010

short term memory loss

Maybe it's just a sub-conscious act of denial or something, but - in the last few years I keep forgetting how old I am.

And the reason why this topic comes up today is because in just a few days I will be 46 (I think...or will I be 47...45?)

I will be only a hop, skip and a jump from the big 5 -0.
Quite scary really, because I am heading right into breastscreening, wrinkle-checking, saggy-baggy territory.

The boy is a few years behind me though.

They do say that you're only as old as the one you feel...

9 comments:

Antoinette said...

Age is just a number! How you feel is more important. In case I fall behind on blog reading again and you blog on the big day -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Violet said...

It's not until Tuesday but Thanks!

Desiree said...

Him Indoors would agree with you ab-so-lute-ly! Just as well for me he acts like a 30 year old - sometimes! Happy birthday in advance from us! Must be time to crank out the BBQ? ;O)

Violet said...

Desiree: cheers! I have Wednesday off (sort of a day-off-on-my-birthday-but-one) so if you want to meet me for a coffee I'd be ecstatic. If you haven't got my txt number, just email me

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday for whenever. I think the first time I heard the saying 'you're only as old as the one you feel' was on the smurfs. Seems dreadfully inappropriate. Actually, I think maybe they modified it to 'you only as old as you feel'.

Violet said...

thanks donnasoowho. I wouldn't have thought the Smurfs came up with that saying, but then they were probably a lot more worldly than they let on.

Watson Woodworth said...

As long as we're not as old as we look. I cannot figure out when I started looking middle aged.

Violet said...

nigel: waitaminute...aren't we supposed to be older than we look?

Watson Woodworth said...

Oops.