Friday, March 26, 2010

Cetaphil - The score so far

Remember the product I bought a week ago, full of hope and anticipation? No? Well it was Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion. Cetaphil is supposed an ab fab moisturizer for sensitive skin, and this one was a new product which promised to be good to my very sensitive, very dry skin.

To be fair, my skin has been under a bit of strain lately - actually, perhaps nervous breakdown would be more accurate. While it is always a bit sensitive, it is currently very touchy indeed, and my oily T-zone shrank right down to an oily O-zone (my nose, to be exact).

Anyway, I wasn't utterly surprised that this one lost the test. I tried it maybe 4 times over the last week and each time the result was an increasingly uncomfortable burning sensation. Maybe it was my own fault for choosing the un-reported-on Cetaphil product rather than one of the older, more established ones.

No comments: