Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's a summer...no, it's a winter!

The summer wedding that we went to yesterday, which  I'd especially bought a summer maxi dress to wear to, turned out to be more of a winter wedding. In fact, I wore the exact same dress that I wore to a mid-winter wedding 18 months ago (only this time the dress was a bit tight but the shoes weren't). Plus, I had on my new opaque tights and woolly coat which I'd had to take out of storage.

So my new summer dress hangs unused, as do most of my other summer clothes. And I read in this morning's paper that the rest of our summer is going to be just as disappointing. If only I'd known this back in spring, I could have saved myself lots of what-to-wear angst.

On the bright side, I won't feel like an odd-bod for lusting after the tweeds I see featured in Northern hemisphere magazines. I always prefer winter clothes anyway.

p.s. TLM came along to the wedding ceremony in her new Dora dress, which she insisted on wearing instead of the RTW dress I'd picked out for her (and looked adorable, of course). I'll take it as a complement.

3 comments:

Antoinette said...

Sorry to hear it's been a chilly summer for you! We've had a colder-than-normal winter (but after the brutally hot summer I am not complaining). Maybe you'll have a really warm fall???

LK said...

Wellington has had odd weather hasn't it. Even unusual for Wellington.. at least you know you all looked real good. Loved that Dora dress you made.

Violet said...

I reckon our city should market itself as a summer destination for Australians who're suffering from too much heat...