Wednesday, October 21, 2009

lunch date

The boy asked me to look after TLM for an hour in the middle of the day today, and I thought, cool - I can take her out for a fluffy and then check out the Yayoi Kusama exhibition together.

It was only for an hour, and that hour went by so quickly -

She charmed the pants off my co-workers.

We had lunch at a nearby cafe (a fluffy and a sausage roll for TLM, a hot chocolate and a potato-top pie for me).

TLM insisted on climbing over every raised flowerbed.

She hugged each and every one of the koru (unfurled fern fond)-shaped pillars surrounding the Civic Square.

We checked out the polka-dotted City Gallery facade (it sooo reminds me of the Dr Seuss as Robert Lopshire book, "Put me in the zoo", about a spotted creature who can throw his spots onto any surface). But we didn't go in because the queue was too long.

TLM ran free and wild around the Civic Square, leaping about on the boat-shaped seating and frolicking on the grass.

Bliss.

4 comments:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deborah said...

It's a fantastic space for children. We used to take our girls to the library, and then they would plead to go and play in Civic Square, where of course there is nothing that is child specific, but it is all so child friendly. Lots of space, things to climb on and walk along, pigeons to chase.

Violet said...

Yeah I love it.

Angela said...

Sounds lovely