Tuesday, July 07, 2009

She reads me bedtime stories

It's still hard for me to speak without straining my voice, so reading to TLM before she goes to bed hasn't been very easy. I did ask the boy do it once or twice, but he's also doing her bath and bedtime songs, so he's been reluctant to take on the bedtime reading as well.

But I have come up with a solution which is working really well right now - I ask TLM to read the stories to me. All of her library books have been read to her multiple times already, so it's no problem for her to recite - almost word for word - the entire 100 or so words in each picture book (she gets three).

It's really lovely being read to.

4 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

It is.

Antoinette said...

Well, it is nice to be read to, which is why most kids insist on 3 or 4 or more books at bedtime.

Heidi said...

So sweet and a perfect solution. I hope you feel better soon.

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Awesome idea.