Friday, October 03, 2008

It's an age meme

At a certain age women should ... be confident about asking for a raise.

At a certain age men should grow up.

When I was a kid I thought I would grow to be taller.

Now that I'm older I wish I were taller and younger.

You know you are too old to go nightclubbing when you spend all night complaining about the loudness of the music and the messiness of the toilets.

You know you are too young to die when you can think of at least ten things you haven’t done yet.

When I was in high school I listened to rock music, because it was way cooler than disco music.

Nowadays I find I like the music
of the same bands, but also some jazz and opera.

On my last birthday I didn’t have a party.

On my next birthday I want to have a daytime party so TLM can be there too. In fact, have a party just like a kid’s one – with balloons, cakes, toys and a 2-hour time limit.

The best birthday present I ever got was my iMac.

The first time I felt grown up was when I moved out of home and was able to do everything myself, my way.

The last time I felt like a kid was the last time I played on the slide with TLM.

When I read the little blue line on the pregnancy test it changed my life.

Last year was the last one in which I was a stay-at-home mum.

Next year I hope we get sick a whole lot less often, the boy gets a nice new job and I get comfortable with my work.

4 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

I think you've been ill enough for the next year and deserve a year off.

Violet said...

I wish! Apparently your immune system weakens from around the age of 40, so if you're a 40-something parent like me then you're stuffed.

Amanda said...

I think the two hour afternoon birthday party sounds fun too- but I wouldn't want any My Little Ponies as presents as I think they are repulsive but which DOTH seems to get at each birthday

Violet said...

mtnw: no I wouldn't want any either - but if I received any, I know TLM would make sure they didn't languish in a dark corner of the bedroom...