Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I can be a gamer too

The boy, who just won't give up on the idea of converting me into a game-lovin' wifey, bought me a new Nintendo DS game. It's called Professor Layton's Mysterious Village or something. I was a bit cynical, after the fiasco of the last game I tried.

But no, I've actually been enjoying it. It's full of puzzles and I can move forward in the game by applying logic, rather than the kind of non-linear thinking that I believed only hallucinogens or dizzy-blonde-ness could produce.

The only bad part was when I didn't bother to save the game for several hours, and then accidentally ejected the game cartridge (Noooooooooo!)

And that's another reason you haven't much heard from me lately.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to that. I am quite crap at games (see donnasoowho has a hissy fit because she has the lowest score for Pacman on Facebook EVER) but I downloaded a SimCity game onto my phone recently and I am SO addicted to it (I've done all the scenarios about 10 times each). I play it every day on the train, and have even started to not run over to the other platform to catch the connecting train in the loop so that I can wait a bit longer for the next one (and play my game longer). I've had to ban myself from playing at at work though or else I'd never get anything done.

Jon said...

Real die hard gamers can be sort of scary...did you ever see the South Park episode where the kids played Warcraft, gained a huge amount of weight, got acne, and Cartman didn't even get up to s*it?

Don't let it happen to you!!! ;-P

Angela said...

Oh no y are sucked in.
Glad you found a game you like.

Yes I do guess you have figured out the save feature by now

Violet said...

donnasoowho: I've heard about the addictability of SimCity. That's why I don't want to have it!

jon: I haven't seen it but I so believe it could happen! Not to me tho - the boy would dump me for a prettier gamer if I did that.

angela: I always knew about the Save feature, but now I'm not too lazy to use it :-)

Anonymous said...

But you know you want it. I just beat my record for making my society 'more authoritarian'.

Violet said...

donnasoowho: nah I can be pretty disciplined when it comes to not buying things - as long as it's not boots..