Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is a change as good as a holiday? Really?

I've been thinking that going back to work will be good for me. As much as I enjoy hanging out with TLM, being able to sleep in if she does and learning to make muffins just so she'll have a kitchen experience, I reckon I'm probably overdue for something a little more meaty.

Granted, going back to work for 4 full days per week, is a lot more than I was after, but still. I can always negotiate for shorter hours once I'm a firmly established, beloved technical writer employee. And this would most definitely shake me out of my getting-stale daily routine.

As you may have guessed, I'm really just trying to psyche myself into the job (that is, when they actually get around to showing me a contract) - rationalising the situation, as it were.

3 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

I've always wanted to use the Bill-Gates-mind at work, where you believe they can't function without your input, but as I've always done joe-jobs that's only worked once.
It was fun but hectic.

Angela said...

I found when I went back to work that I actually enjoyed myself more than I thought I would.
I also found that when I get home and gregory is whiny I am a little winey too.
Hope you get something in writing soon.

Violet said...

nigel: I don't like being irreplaceable; it means I'd never be able to transfer out.

angela: me too. I need closure.