Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The violet effect

I have a feeling that my body might be sending out "act naughty" signals to young children. While on parent help duty at TLM's childcare today: 2 kids were squeezed between the bathroom door and the photo wall; three kids fell off chairs as they strained to see the new goldfish; one tried to walk down a slide; two kids decided it was a great idea to flip chairs over (and into other kids); and a pair of twins suck into the kitchen and tried to drink dish-washing liquid.

And every time it's my turn at parent help, the kids seem to act up more than usual.

Combined with my anti-computer ability, I could be some sort of super-villain.

6 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

Perhaps the little ones sense inexperience with mass-todler-wrangling the way a big dog senses fear and all at once they rush the guard tower and break over the wall.

Violet said...

nigel: you're probably right, but I'm not keen to increase my experience levels...

Angela said...

I wonder why you wouldn't want more experience with all those kids.
I would say it is just good that you made it out of there alive.

Violet said...

angela: well, they are mostly really great kids, but I just don't want to experience too many more kid-squashings, falls and toppling Christmas trees - not all in one morning, anyway :-)

Ian Newbold said...

You're a brave lady. And don't blame yourself, I think even the little ones get a little wild on the run up to Christmas.

Thanks for the comments on my blog. Wish I could write like you indeed!

Daddy L said...

Or a Superhero. Really depends on your perspective.