Sunday, December 30, 2007

My new tv love

Outrageous Fortune (the New Zealand tv series, not that old movie starring Bette Midler and Shelley Long), is my new favourite tv show. It's been on for ages, but I'd never gotten around to viewing it. But the boy, who has a bit of bogan in him even though he's English, thoroughly recommended it and recently bought Season One on DVD (here's the promo).

Briefly, it's about a family who're leaving behind a life of crime, after the father gets incarcerated. I'm far too lazy to try and write competently about all the characters who are mostly lovable villains. But I will say that the show's got enough humour and drama to keep a telly addict from resorting to reality tv.

I'm not just spending my free time in front of the box though. I've been reading A Thousand Splendid Suns, too. It's well-written and readable, but I worry that it's going to be depressing as hell. It is, after all, about two women in Afghanistan.

No comments: