Sunday, November 11, 2007

Summery

I got a bit grumpy this morning when dark clouds rolled in as soon as I'd finished hanging out the washing, but it turned out hot and sunny after all. The three of us went to a free outdoor concert at a local park and playground, and it was such an enjoyable afternoon.

There was a live band, a sausage sizzle (i.e. hot dog stand), free sporty toys to play with (supplied by SPARC) and a nice, comfy family atmosphere (even the punky people had their kids with them).

The boy usually takes TLM shopping or to the zoo, rather than to the park, and I think she really appreciated having a taller parent around to guide her through the trickier parts of the climbing frames. She even danced a little to the reggae music, attracting a couple of amateur photographers (though I'm not expecting to see her photo in the newspaper).

What made our outing even more fun was running into a couple of families we know, whose kids are the same age as TLM. They ran up to each other with grins and wild laughter and then abruptly went off in different directions to play, though checking up on each other occasionally. I do love seeing TLM in the company of her friends. It's the one thing that makes me sorta want a second child.

I think summer might have arrived.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Oh sounds like fun. It is great to have everything work out well. I also like it when Gregory gets to play with his friends. It is so hard for me to get him out sometimes I do wish he had a sibling just so I did not have to drag him out on cold days.

Amanda said...

I balance my imaginings of DOTH playing nicely with a sibling with memories of the EPIC battles my sister and I fought as kids. We spent entire long car journeys arguing and whining and sometimes hair pulling and kicking about things like who was taking up more than their fair share of the arm rest. (Answer = my sister btw)

Violet said...

angela: having 2 restless kids stuck indoors on a cold day wouldn't be fun though

mtnw: yeah thats true. My brother wasn't very nice to me till we were grown up.

nanunani said...

heyy my name's naara and i'm 18..i only wanna say hello
byes from argentina

Daddy L said...

Ah... it's cold and dreary here. Summer sounds nice.

Violet said...

daddy l: yeah it does, doesn't it? Only the days following this blog post were characterised by thunder, lightning, gale force winds and rain...