Friday, October 26, 2007

The wrong time to go feminine

Geez, it takes me more than 25 years to work out what clothing styles suit my body shape, and as soon as I have a baby it's back to the drawing board.

I've been on my never-ending mission to find tops that I can wear with skirts, without ending up resembling a barrel of peanut oil. And I've come to realise that only fitted tops (i.e. neither Catwoman-clingy nor baby-doll poufy) will do. But this season's styles spit at me and smirk at me with scorn, because today's shopping expedition uncovered only two types of women's tops: 1) baby doll stuff that would've been damned useful when I was 6 months pregnant, and 2) clingy stuff that looks amazing on models and 14-year-old girls, and which might've looked good on me when I was 6 months pregnant.

SO, this summer I will wearing out my jeans.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Those baby doll tops make me look 6 months pregnant. Tops haven't worked for me for quite some time now. I bought some mens t-shirts from Hallensteins the other day and for some reason they fit- not too tight, not too loose- I guess that's what I'm going to be wearing this out this summer.

Angela said...

I have been shopping for work clothes and have had to go to four places so far and still havent found everything.
Shopping can be hard work

Violet said...

mtnw: the ole menswear trick eh? It doesn't work for me 'cos I'm short. The boy's given me men's stuff before (in his size!) and it makes me look about 10 years old.

angela: it sure is. I don't enjoy it as much as I used to, that's for sure.