Monday, March 13, 2006

It's a beautiful day, dammit!

Baby's still fussing day in, day out, over those little toothy-pegs (the cute name the boy uses to refer to Baby's soon-to-appear teeth). It's affecting her naps, and each time I put her down in her cot I've found myself spending up to an hour afterwards listening to her not sleeping and getting all wound up about it.

At the end of the day I realised that I have missed a whole day of clear blue skies, warm temperatures and almost no wind, just by spending most of it fretting about Baby's non-sleeping. She does get her sleep eventually (usually with the help of a healthy dose of Pamol), so I'm wearing myself out unnecesarily by worrying about it.

If tomorrow is as lovely a day as today, I must remember to go outside once in a while and enjoy it.

2 comments:

boudica of suburbia said...

I re-watched The Birdcage today. My favourite part is one of the characters dependancy on Pirin. Little does he know that its just Aspirin with the A and the S scratched off. Don't know why that came to mind, perhaps it was the Pamol -it sounds make up. Is it much like Calpol?

Violet said...

I'm not sure if Calpol is the same thing, but it sounds really similar - pain relief for infants.