Saturday, September 03, 2005

A sorry excuse for a book meme

Xine has tagged me for a book meme, but I've only just gotten around to this perfunctory effort 'cos, really I can't spare the time. Hell, I sometimes don't even have time to go to the toilet these days.

1. How many books do I own?
I don't know and I won't spend any time trying to count 'em. Let's just say I used to buy books but nowadays mostly get my reading material from the library.

2. Last Book I Bought:
It was probably Bestfeeding, written by four (yes, four) breastfeeding experts (I can't remember their names and I'm not going to the living room to check the book, in case Baby wakes up and demands hours of cuddles again). It got me all anxious, anticipating various possible breastfeeding difficulties. As it turned out, I didn't have much problem feeding the little one.

3. Last Book I Read:
Basically all I'm reading these days is: anything I can lay my hands on about baby care; the fantasy novel I started before Baby was born (Raymond Feist and Janny Wurtz's Servant of the Empire), and The New Zealand Listener (because I got a free subscription through loyalty card points, and it tells me what's on tv for the next week)...

4. Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me (without explanation or apologies):
Remember, I'm suffering from postnatal mental fog; it takes time to think of life-changing books, you know. Okay, how about these three:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Philosophy, Lionel Shriver'sWe need to talk about Kevin and Robin Barker's Baby Love.

No comments: