Sunday, July 10, 2005

Splash!

I finally got around to trying out the pregnancy aquafitness class this morning. Despite my predictions that I would be spending every morning asleep in bed, I've woken up at 7.50am both mornings this weekend, so getting to the 10.30am class was a piece of cake.

It was quite fun, although it's been years now since I've voluntarily spent forty minutes trying to follow a perky aerobics instructor. We must've been quite a sight - twenty big-bellied women splashing about in the shallow end of the pool.

The class turned out to be hard work, harder than swimming twenty-odd lengths at my usual slow pace. The hardest part though, is always getting dressed afterwards - especially the socks.

I'd been hoping that this weekend, the boy would get around to moving the nursery furniture around and putting up the wall hangings. It seemed that he'd made a unilateral decision to work on his online gaming skills instead. But I can't really complain too loudly, because he did buy me some more Buffy DVDs (we now have almost the entire collection except for season six part two) and some more baby stuff (wool blankets and wool singlets).

6 comments:

Jon said...

I hope your baby isn't alleric to wool. I was until I outgrew that allergy at around the age of 10

Jon said...

alleric=allergic.

When are you due, btw? Have you had a baby shower yet?

Anonymous said...

Don't bother with socks - get some Ugg boots...just slip your little toes into those boots and waddle away!

BTW, if you need a hand with anything this week, sing out - I'm on a break until I start my new job...

Ms. etc said...

I'm wondering what exercises I'll do If I'll be pregnant. Being big after giving birth is in our genes.

Violet said...

Jon:so do I. My own skin is quite sensitive to wool and I'm going to assume that my baby's will be too - that's why I didn't buy any wool stuff earlier. But I've decided it's worth having wool to put on over the top of cotton, just for the extra warmth. I'm due on 7th August, but not planning on a baby shower - it's probably bigger in the US than it is here. Not that it means I don't want presents ;-)

desiree: Yes I was thinking of Ugg boots, but the boy is very anti-fur (he sees it as a fetish). I already have sheepskin slippers though, and socks won't be so necessary now that I don't have to go to work.

J:From your photo, being big BEFORE giving birth isn't a problem! I reckon pregnancy is the one time you can forget about your size, and you just do what makes you feel good.

Violet said...

eb: yeah I think so, though I don't remember if I've ever dared to try it. I only use two moisturizers - one is Alpha Keri lotion and the other is the much cheaper Sorbolene.