Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Ex-squeeze me

Thankfully, I have managed to always get a seat on the bus. It's hard enough to keep one's balance on a moving vehicle at the best of times, but I'm not keen on trying it when I've got a sticky-outy belly which needs protection.

But I think I want to stop taking buses to work anyway. Now that the weather's gotten really wintery, the buses are fuller. Even if I can get a seat, there's still a bit of a struggle to get off the bus without squishing my tummy against the standing passengers - even when they've positioned themselves as far from my body as possible.

Getting to the bus stop is harder work these days too, what with the sudden pressure on the bladder that strikes me when I'm just about to cross the street or whatever, and the fact that I can't button my coat (apart from the top two buttons) so that it flaps around in the southerly.

We've got our first antenatal class tonight.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

looking forward to your observations on antenatal classes...

glomgold said...

That's right. I forgot you are in winter down there; it's so freakin' hot these days around here.

Jon said...

Most people are pretty good about offering seats to pregnant women, the elderly, as well as the handicapped- but, I've noticed in my travels that Asians can frequently care less. In Japan, if a hunched over granny is with her grand kids and you offer her a seat, she will most likely give the seat to her grand kids, liek they need it!

Happy and Blue 2 said...

Quit doing hard stuff. Take advantage of being pregnant. You won't get as much sympathy afterwards..

Ali-Belly said...

From the deflated camp - Wendy gave birth to a bonny wee son at 8.30 this morning (at 37 weeks!)... 7lb 13ozs. Christopher Matatahi.

Violet said...

mtnw: I certainly learned some stuff that contradicted the books - more later...

glomgold: it's cold enough to wish we had central heating...

jon: someone else commented on the same thing - that people will give seats to their kids rather than sit down and put the kids on their lap. Strange.

happyandblue2: yeah I know. I won't have an excuse for those mental lapses either.

wicked: she was early! I hope I'm not early 'cos I'm off to the opera at 36 weeks.