Monday, June 13, 2005

Cosy

Over the weekend the boy got all constructive and moved most of the stuff out of the nursery-to-be and into his study. My computer desk is now just along from his, which means that we get to do simultaneous geeky stuff in the same room - it's so cute.

All that's left to do in the nursery-to-be is to find a new home for the ladder and the glass cabinet, move the sewing machine into the study, and to take some shoeboxes full of stuff down to the Salvation Army store. Oh, and buy some baby furniture to put in there.

I bumped into an old ex-flatmate in the supermarket, who already has three children. After I told her about how heavy I've been feeling and how hard it is getting around at nearly 33 weeks, she confidently assured me that it only gets a whole lot harder in the next seven weeks.

On the other hand, I've had heaps of encouragement from mums who tell me that, as long as I stay physically active, childbirth will surely be no more painful and longlasting than a really enormous poo.

7 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

At least it's getting colder there.
Imagine feeling all that extra weight under the summer sun.

Rainypete said...

Yup. I feel for my wife. Our first was born in March so we took many nice long walks to keep everything from being too achey and seized up. It's not fit to be outdoors and she's due in 9 weeks. The weather will only get worse. Defiitely keep moving!

Happy and Blue 2 said...

Gee, being pregnant sounds swell..

Jon said...

Someday, you should tell your child that his/her birth was comparable to a bowel movement. I suppose it would be best to only do so if you are incredibly angry ;)

Violet said...

Thans for your comments, guys. How strange that a post about the physical discomforts of pregnancy has attracted no comments from women...perhaps it was the poo analagy?

glomgold said...

Whew! That's... reassuring?

Violet said...

It is if you've got health bowels.