Friday, February 04, 2005

Thank the gods I have double-fold eyelids!

If the boy weren't so good with sending me tidbits now and then, I wouldn't have many links to bring to your attention. He's surpassed himself today, with a lesson in Japanese on how to give your eyes a Western look. With the clever application of a bit of glue, you too can avoid the cost of getting blepharoplasty (that's if you have the classic Asian single-fold lids, which I don't).

You'll need Macromedia Flash to see this wee movie, but I really recommend you watch it (and turn on your speakers if you can understand Japanese). It made me go "Eeeerrrrgggghhhh!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vi - Was great to catch up with you the other day - let's do it again!

Just wanted to point out that some of us Asians actually HAVE to have the op for health reasons.

In certain cases, like mine, the eyelashes grow inward and scratch the surface of the eyeball. Vewy, vewy iwitating!! Apparently this is very common for Asian people.

By having the op and removing a thin sliver of skin, the effect of the stitches lifts the eyelid and the lashes away from the eyeball; the resulting scar creates the double eyelid.

The op was done under local anaesthetic - the most horrible part of it wasn't the "slice and dice" but the needle going into the top of the eyelid...sorry if I've just grossed you out!

And also, a lot of older ladies get it done as part of their facelift regime to remove baggy eyelids.

Remind me to show you my neat little bit of plastic surgery next time I see you!

Violet said...

Eewww!
Well, getting my eyes lasered was kinda yucky too (and done purely vanity of course).