Monday, January 03, 2005

Things I do when I'm sick and at home

In the last couple of days when I've been relatively incapacitated with a pulled back muscle,a cold and accompanying high temperatures, these are the things I have tended to do:

* Feel sorry for myself
* Snack because I feel sorry for myself, and bored
* Watch DVDs (but not soap operas), or re-runs of Moonlighting if I'm lucky
* Read - I've actually run out of books to read, so I'm reading some of the boy's books e.g. Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series
* Consume a lot of hot drinks, as a lower-calorie subsitute for Grainwaves, non-dairy ice cream and toast (oh yeah, and to keep the fluids intake up)
* Surf the 'Net and blog
* Wander restlessly from room to room, wanting to go for a walk but staying indoors because I look like shit
* Leaf through old glossy magazines and staring at the pictures of food
* Touch my face to determine whether I've got a high temperature, and wonder whether that means I'm burning enough energy to justify eating more toast

At this point, normal life just sounds like an effective way to distract myself from overeating doesn't it?

5 comments:

Jon said...

Get better soon- being ill is the worst feeling, especially since it's summer for you!

darth said...

hope you feel better soon, violet!

mmmmm..snacks...

Anonymous said...

How very awful...hope you feel better soon.

Amanda said...

Oops, I am the Anonymous one above...

Violet said...

Wow, somehow I knew it was you, Make Tea, even before you identified yourself!

Miraculously, my back is absolutely fine now. It was sheer agony for two days and then just came right. Now it's just dealing with having a miserable cold.

Fortunately I have the rest of this week on holiday, and only one week of work after that before I have another week off ('cos I leave my job).