Monday, January 03, 2005

Long lost friends

I'm always pleasantly surprised to hear from people whom I haven't been in touch with for ages. I can get a bit slack about keeping contact because I become preoccupied with the day-to-day business of working, studying, sleeping and eating.

An old friend rang me up yesterday whom I hadn't spoken to for at least a year. It turned out she'd just got back from nine months backpacking around Asia and Central and South America. The last time I saw her, she'd been away three years - by then I'd already felt that our friendship had pretty much died from lack of contact. Also, my own backpacking days were over so what were we going to talk about anyway?

Well, soon I'm going to have to listen enviously while she tells me of her latest adventures abroad, with only years-old reminicences of my own to offer.


No comments: