Thursday, January 27, 2005

doing lunch and strolling

It's really been a long time since I've been able to lunch with friends during the week. My last job was so far away from town that only friends visiting from overseas would bother to drop in to have lunch with me in my neck of the woods. Now I have two days per week in which I am free to lunch, and in a couple of weeks' time I won't have study to distract me. I'm so looking forward to being more socially busy.

Even getting to walk home from walk makes me happy. On a hot sunny day, going home now means working on my tan, getting fresh air and exercise, and saving a bus fare. In contrast, going home on a hot sunny day used to mean sitting in a hot, stuffy car for up to an hour.

On my walk home today I came across a group of Semi-clad Teenage Girls. This particular sub-culture is guaranteed to turn the heads of males, whether they are schoolboys or middle-aged builders with bum cleavage. Not that I disapprove - simply that next to Semi-clad Teenage Girls I feel old and frumpy, especially now. A glimmer of hope lies in the high probability that they will grow up to be old tarts.

5 comments:

Jon said...

Ugh, the low rise thing jeans and thong look on girls who are younger than 15 is just...wrong on so many levels. And having a midriff exposed when it really shouldn't be is far too common. I feel bad for all the parents who probably argue with their daughters each time they are about to walk out the door. I can imagine the screaming on both sides, but in the end, the teenage daughter gets her way since teenage girls are probably the most evil people in the world!

Violet said...

Unfortunately for you argument, these particular Semi-clad Teenage Girls had the figures to go with the outfits...which only makes me more bitter...

Anonymous said...

I had one of those moments at the beach this summer. I'll have to try and remember your old tarts line next time it happens. :)

TLL
http://tinylittlelibrarian.blog-city.com

Anonymous said...

I had a moment like that at the beach last summer. I'll try and remember your old tarts comment if it happens again and try to feel better. :)

TLL
http://tinylittlelibrarian.blog-city.com

Anonymous said...

Drat, sorry! It said it timed me out before it posted the comment, but I guess not.

TLL