Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Sloth is bliss

Aaaah...slothfulness...sleeping in, taking a long time to have breakfast, watching television and DVDs, reading and going for walks - these have been the mainstays of the last few days for me. I'm loving it.

The days go by more slowly because I'm not rushing around trying to do stuff, but no so slowly as to bore me. So, yay! - I still have another eleven days of being a total slob and it feels like a long time...

Perhaps I'll get around to playing with the pastel-by-numbers landscape which someone gave me for my birthday months ago. Or I might get on with reviewing and writing up my India travel diaries. Or go to the library and get tons of books out, just to read for fun.

The fact that I should be working on assignments, and that classes start up again on January 5th (according to the prospectus), hasn't affected my newly-slothful habits at all.

4 comments:

darth said...

sounds like a WONDERFUL holiday..(as darth comments in from WORK)....i'm hoping to find some time to watch LOTR:ROTK EE that we got for xmas..but those 3 1/2 hour blocks of time are hard to find...

will you post some india travel diaries here?

Violet said...

I wasn't planning to, Darth. I suppose if I don't have anything to post about I might. They're ten years old, you see, and I was just reviewing them as part of a project to turn the diaries and photos into a book just for fun.

Jon said...

Enjoy it while you can!! Christmas Eve to yesterday were my days of sloth, now it's back to the grind of work. I actually like working and being busy,am I weird??

Violet said...

No, you're not wierd. You're just very lucky to enjoy your job so much.