Friday, December 17, 2004

An addendum

Now that it's official, I'd like to just add a word of advice for anyone out there who is looking to leave their job for a better one - use Murphy's Law.

Things only started to get rolling (getting interviews and stuff), when I did something to prove I meant to stick around for the long term - I brought my own personal coffee mug to work.

I don't know why I didn't think of it much earlier, but it works. For example, I only lost interest in karate after I spent all my study money for the semester on an imported book by the master; I only lost my obsession for yoga after I purchased a super-deluxe yoga mat for at-home practice; I only stopped painting with a passion after I made my first (and only) sale.

Think about it. Murphy's Law can work for you too.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Congratulations. I'm sure you can use the coffee mug at the new job too :)

Violet said...

nah, I'll wait until I'm sick of the place and ready to move on - THEN I'll take my coffee mug to work :-)

Violet said...

Hey Jen. You know I said you could have my Bad Kitty t-shirt when I die (as long as you do nothing to hasten that event). And Iko Iko are selling Emily Stranger stationery and bags and stuff...