Wednesday, October 13, 2004

world famous in my little circle

I just found out that two of my workmates have blogs. One them was moaning that nobody leaves comments on hers, so I promised to be the first and had a perve in my lunch break.

Baby bloggers, don't be surprised that you don't get any comments, if you've only been blogging for a week.

The other workmate wouldn't tell me what her blog is called, because she's paranoid about anyone reading it who knows her. This actually makes sense - I've told taxi-drivers things that I've never told a good friend (nothing really spicy, mind).

So why blog? I do it so I can pretend to be Carrie on Sex and the City (except I'm not fashion-obsessed, don't look like her, don't live in New York, don't drink cocktails - any more - and didn't have to fall for an old guy with a foreign name who lives in a hotel).

4 comments:

noizy said...

sooo, what are the URLs?

Violet said...

Well, one of them I can't give you because the author refused to give it to me; as for the other - first I have to scrutinize it for give-away information...

Casyn said...

It's a bugger having to do that.

Relying on other people not to give away hints as to your identity and location and every detail is a big ol' lesson in trust...

and stern warnings. :-)

Violet said...

My workmate's blog is so far clear, and people who've recognised me by my blog have emailed me rather than left telltale comments - so I've been lucky. Unfortunately I've been less than careful myself, so anyone who really wanted to know who I am would find it a piece of caek. Which is why I avoid writing anything which can be used as evidence against me in a job interview...