Thursday, September 23, 2004

Grey day

Typical. After several days of sunny weather, I finally get a day with a proper lunch break; only today it's too cold and yucky to go for a walk.

I really like Thursdays; on Thursdays I only have to spend ninety minutes at the Information Desk and I don't have to drive the bus. This leaves me plenty of time to work on updating the Library website, currently my favourite work task. Funny how you leave a career/place behind in search of something different, only to veer back towards the career/place you left behind. I also like Thursdays because it's the one day of the week when I'm always home by 6.30pm - all the other days I'm either working late, doing my class, or trying to make my 3 gym visits per week.

I got my first Management assignment back today - the one where I had to write a strategic plan for a make-believe public library. I was relieved to find that I'd not only passed, but almost got an A. I'd like to believe that it means I'm management material, but that's like saying that all business graduates would be good at business.

Apparently, earlier this week in the bus I cut someone off. This kind of thing normally leads to a few swear words on the part of the aggrieved tail-gater, but when the bus is painted all over with the library logo you just can't get away with it. I had to back down with my tail between my legs (so to speak), and promise to be more cautious next time. Fair enough, one can't be good at everything, eh?

2 comments:

No Milk Please said...

sounds like you're doing well in school, keep it up, i'm sure you'll come out with flying colors! i hated writing these strategic plans in business school...

Violet said...

Thanks Paul. You went to Business school?!? I thought you were one of those graphic designer guys...