Thursday, September 09, 2004

The good, the bad and the stressful

The vagaries of foundation-buying
Which is better – foundation which is perfect for your skin but is a shade too dark, or foundation which is the perfect colour for your skin but becomes dry and cakey after an hour? I can look like either a Mediterranean wannabe, or a fish-woman.

Stress City
It’s hard being the first level support for when printers stop working and computers won’t connect to the network, especially when I can’t even get my own printer to work…In yesterday’s class we talked about stress and stress management. I had no trouble coming up with a long list of symptoms:
1. Sleeplessness
2. Negative feelings
3. Tiredness even first thing in the morning
4. Irritability

Although one of the items on my list of stress relievers may have been slightly inappropriate for a management class:
1. Go on holiday
2. Look through the job ads regularly
3. Go shopping

I say, thank goodness for the three B’s - the boy, the blog and the Buffy.

Speaking of which, I just found out that the guy who played Scott Hope in BtVS (her post-Angel, pre-graduation almost-boyfriend) is that really boyish dark-haired guy on Queer Eye. I read it in The Girl's got Bite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

r u serious? really? i can sort of see the connection... but no, it can't be! weird! are you sure? i am going to check...

Violet said...

Scott was the one who gave Buffy the cladagh ring and she freaked and dropped it.

But I mis-remembered my facts from the book. That guy was supposed to have played someone in "Queer as Folk".

Oops, sorry.

Incidentally, Queer as Folk is a really good show, though short. It's a British dark comedy set in Manchester and centred around a promiscous bad-boy gay man and his ginger-haired best friend who is in love with him. Although I don't remember anyone looking like Scott Hope...