Tuesday, August 10, 2004

first chaos, then music

I thought it was pretty good going getting the Mayor to agree to be our celebrity reader for this morning's nation-wide Library Week reading of Oh Hogwash, Sweetpea!'. He'd only had about three days notice, after all.

When a lanky, middle-aged woman came by to check out the children's library, I thought that was all she was doing - just ensuring that our guest-reader had a nice, soft chair to sit in. By the time the entire class of a local primary school had filed in to join the assortment of toddlers already there, I wondered where the hell he was.

Apparently he couldn't make it after all, so he'd sent his deputy.

Well, at least we had a copy of the book for her to read, which certainly wasn't true a mere half hour earlier. Why hadn't I thought to check whether our copy of Hogwash was still checked in at the library? It might have saved an emergency trip to Books'n'More with a scribbled purchase order.

These are the CD's I'm listening to now that I've remembered that I can play them through the CD drive:

Acid Jazz Classics - various
London Warsaw New York - Basia
Tuatara - A Flying Nun Compilation - various
Heart Shaped World - Chris Isaak
In Love With These Times (another Flying Nun compilation) - various
Mix - Stellar*
Lounge-a-palooza - various
Blue Lines - Massive Attack
Tourist - St Germaine

It's been quite a while since I last bought any CDs.

3 comments:

HFM said...

Hello Violet -

This is going to be a VERY long reach . . . almost ten years long . . .

I have to ask - would it be possible to acquire a copy of your Tuatara CD, please? I've looked high and low for it, and I've come to the determination that it's IMPOSSIBLE to find. Any assistance you could provide will be quickly reciprocated - check out my music blogs, and let me know if you're seeking anything:

peepeesoakedheckhole.blogspot.com

Thanks either way, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best -
H. F. (former Christchurch resident)

HFM said...

Hello there -

Any chance I could get my hands on a copy of your "Tuatara" CD? I would happily reciprocate, with anything from my music blog (peepeesoakedheckhole.blogspot.com). Let me know when you can - thanks!

HFM said...

Hello there -

Any chance I could get my hands on a copy of your "Tuatara" CD? I would happily reciprocate, with anything from my music blog (peepeesoakedheckhole.blogspot.com). Let me know when you can - thanks!