Friday, August 13, 2004

Deadlines and distractions

Only last night, I realised that I have only three more weeks to complete and hand in my assignment. This is bad, because by this time last trimester I would have already re-written my essay several times whereas this time around I've only typed up notes and put them under headings. I haven't yet decided what my strategic plan (which what the assignment is) is actually going to be.

To test my self-discipline further, three of the four items I ordered from Amazon have arrived. So while I slave over my studies, the shiny new covers of What would Buffy Do?, The Seven Season of Buffy and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: the album will beckon. And when The Simpsons and Philosophy turns up on my doorstep I'll be even more tempted to engage in procrastinating activities.

I don't know whether it's the weather or what, but I have slept pretty badly over the last few weeks. Even though the boy tells me that I slept through, I'm still tired and groggy in the mornings. Either it's affecting my attitude to work, or vice versa.

2 comments:

Casyn said...

Being the serious academic I am, I believe further study of the Buffy is needed.

The original soundtrack is very good, but Radio Sunnydale is my new fav. Tho the Buffy/Angel theme still makes me all reminiscent.

Sounds like your brain is working overtime, while you're asleep, to process everything.

Violet said...

I actually had Radio Sunnydale on my hit list, but when I saw that the other one was available I thought I'd get that one instead. Radio Sunnydale can always go on my next shopping list...

I think I haven't managed to clear out enough clutter from my brain. Despite all the attempts at yoga stretches, excercise etc I'm probably not doing enough of any of these for them to take effect. If only it translated to to a high metabolism - then at least I'd be thin.