Wednesday, July 28, 2004

When it's so busy you can't even take five minutes to go to the toilet...

Busy-ness
One of my workmates rang in sick today, which meant the rest of us had to cover for her.    I didn't have time to even consult my diary, which meant I forgot to mail off my cheque for the electricity bill which is due tomorrow.  Hell, I didn't even get to use the toilet until 4.55pm...

It's going to be busier than this next week, because there'll be two Information staff away - my boss (who's handy for doing each weeks roster, as well as the occasional information desk), and one of the three of us who drive the library bus.  Whenever a bus-driving staff member is away you can guarantee the rest of the team are in for a hectic time.

technophobia
When I got back from driving the bus this afternoon, I discovered that the IT guy and the systems librarian were in the process of setting up a brand new laptop, to replace the one used on the bus (the one which I use for my MLIS audio-conference).  It was quite fortunate, really, because I was in the process of trying to start up Internet Browser on the old laptop, and it wasn't working.  Who ever heard of a person not being able to start up Internet Browser!  Anyway, we got my dial-up Internet connection set up on the new one in time for me to be just half and hour late. 

 

No comments: