Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Slack

I said earlier that I wasn't as relaxed as one would expect, following a holiday; I wasn't entirely accurate. My muscle tone is quite relaxed and thanking me for letting it lay about doing very little. I got myself to the gym today (much to my parner's chagrin, for it means I wouldn't be home till late), and even my gym gear is slightly tight (I'm not talking about lycra, I'm talking about baggy elastic-waist pants).

I suppose I've got to that age when takes less time to lose fitness and gain weight, and more effort to regain one's fitness and figure (if it ever happens). I'm even contemplating watching what I eat, but I've been brought up in a culture which values good food and the sharing of meals as a social act and an act of love. Rejecting my mother's large carbohydrate-laden meals is in fact impossible; it's tantamount to rejecting her.

Perhaps I have to consider just being a bit fat.

No comments: