Friday, July 30, 2004

If I were gay

If I were gay, I'd probably go for curvy women.  I thought of this is when I was leafing through a Marie Claire magazine today and looking at an article which portrayed women aged from 19 to about 60; there was a photo of each woman, naked, accompanied by a small amount of text quoting that woman's thoughts about her body image.

I was a little surprised at how many body shapes can fit into a particular dress size.  There were chubby-looking size 10s (that's UK size, which is maybe a 6 in US sizing), shapely size 16s and lots in between.  Of the ten women pictured, definitely the one with the sexiest body was a size 16, with a classic hourglass shape.

But the weird thing is, I don't personally want that shape for myself.  I would much rather be a tall, athletic type - one whose boobs don't get in the way when I'm moving about, and whose long legs make for fast running.

So what the hell does that mean - that I don't want to look sexy? Or that subconsiousley I really am gay, and attracted to ultra-fem women?

I hope I'm just reading way too much into this. 

No comments: