Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Goodbye to smoky kitchen

Finally, my builder friend has gotten around to rebuilding my fence. He's also going to put a hole in my kitchen wall so that we can install the extractor fan. The old blown-down fence was an eyesore, but at least it wasn't literally an eyesore.

Whenever the boy used the overn (roasted kumera - yum), the whole kitchen would fill up with smoke. Pretty soon, we'd have to get the kitchen door open to let the smoke out, which led to the adjoining lounge going icy cold.

My builder friend is an interesting guy. A builder most of his life, one day he decided to take singing lessons. Now he's an amateur singer and actor, and a photographer as well.

2 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Hello!

I have enjoyed your blog greatly! Thank you for the time and energy you put into it.

Sincerely,

PipeTobacco (aka the Frumpy Professor)
http://frumpyprofessor.blogspot.com

Violet said...

Why thank you!