Monday, May 31, 2004

the year ahead

I had my performance review this morning. I'd already had a look at what my boss had written down about my work, and I'd interpreted them as criticisms i.e. things I wasn't doing enough of. During the actual meeting, it turned out that some of those things weren't criticisms at all but were in fact praise for what I was already doing right.

So for the next 12 months I can look forward to an increase in systems-type work, which means looking after the website, the iPac computers etc. This is fine by me, I'm reasonably au fait with that kind of thing and it's useful experience if I want to be a systems librarian or web content manager.

I realised last night that I have only two more weeks to complete my assignement, a report on whether it would be a good idea to have a professional association for information managers of all disciplines e.g. archivists, librarians etc. It's not a subject particulary close to my heart, but if I can produce something which is readable and useful then maybe I can be proud of my writing ability :-)

No comments: