Saturday, March 20, 2004

Work and Saturdays don't mix

It's a really gorgeous day, and it's Saturday, so I'm not so pleased to be working. However, I do finish at 12.30, so I'll be able to quaff lunch (yummy banana cake bought at the local Asian bakery) and go home in plenty of time to go out for the rest of the afternoon.

My boy's out with a bunch of other boys. They're going to a stag day (that's like the more traditional stag night, but for guys who're too old to stay out really late), leaving me free to do what I want most of today. So I'm going to the park for an afternoon of free Arts Festival gigs with a girlfriend, followed by a gym session and then study.

It's not that I don't like spending time with my other half - just that there are lots of things I don't end up doing because he's not interested. Mmm...I could even go to a foreign-language movie this evening...

No comments: