Sunday, February 08, 2004

plumbing and driving

My mains pipe broke last Friday, on Waitangi Day. Of course, I couldn't let the leak (which became a major one after we tried to fix it) wait until Monday before getting it fixed. So I got the plumber around, who assured me that it would cost heaps more than normal due to it being a public holiday an all (i.e. the weekend of the Rugby Sevens which I'm sure he wanted to watch instead of fixing pipes).

I have my first bus-driving lesson this coming Friday - me, who has always shied away from driving any car other than my own because it'd be too different from what I'm used to.

Apparently it usually takes only 3-4 lessons for an experienced car driver to gain his or her HV licence. Well, I may just be the unlucky one who changes all that...

Work's thinking of making the mobile library service available at the railway station next door, for the early morning commuter rush. Yeah right, I thought to myself. I'm practically comatose at 8am, when I leave the house to get to work. They'd be asking for trouble, making me get up at 5.30 am to do a 7am bus round. It didn't really put L (my supervisor) off, but I think I made sufficient negative noises to suggest a slight lack of willingness....

No comments: