Sunday, February 29, 2004

Oh, for a week on a Mediteranean island...

The storm's abated, but this last week we've had nothing but heavy rain - until today. Apparently we've had our Summer, which normally lasts at least into March. Time to put away my sandals which I bought last Spring and got to wear mayber a dozen times...

I had to work yesterday (Saturday), which is normally bad enough. Only this weekend is the weekend of the Cuba St Carnival, so quite a few roads have been blocked off - including a main on/off ramp onto the motorway out of the city. So while it took the usual time for me to drive to work, it took me 75 mins to get home. Thats 30 mins on the highway to travel the 50 kms to the city, and the rest of the time to get the 5 kms or so across town to home.

Being stuck in traffic makes me so grumpy. It feels like precious time is being stolen from my life right in front of me, and I'm helpless to stop it. Time which I could have used to read a book, talk to my other half, cruise the Web, work on my painting, excercise or nap.

We went to see my nephew who turned three a couple of weeks ago. I think he liked his present - a kite in the shape of a dragon - though he'll probably appreciate it a lot more when we get it in the air. Apparently he was so excited about our visit that he sat in his parent's garage for ages, waiting for us. Made me feel slightly guilty that we were about an hour late...

The most exciting thing about today is that the sun has come out enough for me to hang the washing out. Perhaps I should get another hobby...

No comments: