Saturday, January 24, 2004

An unauthorised biography of Peter Jackson

A few weeks ago, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself listening to a radio interview with an aquaintance of mine, Ian Pryor. He's just had a book published about Peter Jackson, New Zealand's film-maker god/hero.

I'd first met Ian while backpacking in northern Italy about a decade ago, when he was on his way to the Cannes Film Festival. The next time I met him (in New Zealand), he was moonlighting in a trendy video shop while freelancing as a film journalist.

And yet I had no idea he was working on a book about Peter Jackson.

I've since seen the book in the shops, but my library assistant job and salary prevent me from buying books if theres a chance I can borrow it for nothing.

I still don't know for myself whether it's a good book, however The DominionPost has given it an excellent review (its the paper's Book of the Week), so I'll definitely be entering their draw for a free copy.

Heres an online article about the book.

BTW, it's called 'Peter Jackson: From Prince of Splatter to Lord of the Rings' and published by Random House.

No comments: