Wednesday, December 17, 2003

In just 2 days time I get to see The Return of the King, the last instalment of the great Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. I was sooo disappointed to miss the world premiere – I mean, I live in Wellington, its almost ridiculous that I couldn’t be there to cheer on the crew and cast and soak up the Wellington-as-Hollywood excitement.

As luck would have it, not only was I working late that day, but I work far away enough for it to be impossible to get to where the action is.

I can’t even boast to having seen anyone famous strolling through the streets of my town, ‘cos I don’t go out any more (library assistants make just enough money to maintain shelter and nourishment, not enough to eat out).

I’m eagerly awaiting the arrival of two books from the U.S. The first is a Buffy book called ‘Fighting the forces’ (another book of scholarly articles about the tv series). The other is ‘The lord of the rings and philosophy’, which is the LOTR equivalent to ‘Buffy the vampire slayer and philosophy’. Philosophy and popular culture – heaven!

No comments: